Become a volunteer at the Mandurah Wildlife Rescue Centre
Mandurah Wildlife Rescue has no paid staff and is completely reliant on our volunteers who make the centre function. Volunteering at the Mandurah Wildlife Rescue Centre is a rewarding and enriching experience.
Our volunteers help feed and care for our patients throughout the year. Your time at the centre can be structured around your requirements and how many hours you have available.
As well as caring for our animals, you will learn about our unique fauna including what they eat, how they live and how to make your garden a haven for our native animals.
We need volunteers for all sorts of roles. For example, our volunteers might undertake any of the following roles:
- Caring for animals
- Food preparation and feeding the animals
- Assisting with releases of animals back into the wild
- Clearing out and refreshing habitats for the animals
- Transport of injured animals to and from the vet’s
- Building and maintaining animal housing
- Assisting with education presentations
- Event volunteers
- Fundraising support
- Creation of promotional and educational resources
- IT support
- Maintenance of grounds, equipment and buildings
- Marketing and journalism
Volunteer Training: no experience is required, but you do need to be 16 years or older. Volunteers must become a member of Mandurah Wildlife Rescue by completing a membership form and then training will be provided onsite after the volunteers have attended an initial induction session:
Click here to become a member or to register your interest in becoming a volunteer: